Sunday, January 13, 2008

Violin lessons?!



I think that I may have lost my mind. We are starting violin classes in relief society and I was very excited when it was announced. The woman in charge asked me last week if I would be her assistant which would include private lessons. I said yes not knowing what I was getting myself into. I always wanted to have some musical ability and now I am thinking that maybe that was wishful thinking. I have to practice while Travis is at work and Kaity is at school because the sounds that come off the violin sort of resemble the racoons that fight in our backyard at night. So, hopefully a miracle happens and I get much better or my musical ability will continue to be limited to the CD player! ;)
The last picture I had to post because Brayden is convinced that he cleaned his room all by himself. I am trying to make him understand that throwing everything into his closet does not mean that your room is clean. Now if I could just get Kaity to realize that concept also applies to under the bed as well. Does anyone else have this issue? I swear it is driving me crazy!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so serious and oh so professional!!!!:) Hey, at least Brayden cleans - my kids just throw a
fit and act as if the world is coming to end!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ariann! I'm so jealous that in every picture is looks warm and beautiful outside! You are going for walks in january! Your family is so cute and it's so fun to read about you guys. I kind of feel like I know you now!:) We need to stay in touch! Thanks to blogging, now we can!

Rupper Family said...

Uh...Brayden's closet reminds me of when I had to pick through the clothes on your floor in high school to retrieve stuff you'd borrowed. He's just like his Momma!
-Wendy

Holly said...

I want to wear flip-flops all year too! I think I'm a little bit jealous. Good luck with the violin lessons. I'm with Aubrey, you look very professional, so even if you sound horrible, just hold that pose and everyone will be impressed.

p.s.--believe it or not, the DVD we made is in the mail :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ariann. Holly said that you got the dvd today! I'm so glad. What did you think? That was a worth while project to do. Did your dad get his copy too?

mom said...

Okay, I'm on my way to receive my first violin lesson and I'm hoping I'm half as good as you are! I hope no one is fooled by your modesty---I think you're doing great. I'm with Wendy, that closet is VERY familiar. If Holly or Bonnie see's this, we absolutely loved the DVD. Gary really got a kick out of it because he could remember when many of those baby (little boy) pictures were taken. What a wonderful project. Glad you are so computer savy and shared a copy with us. See you in about an hour Ariann. Just pretend you know what you're doing and none of us will know the difference!

Holly said...

Hey thanks guys! I'm really glad you liked the DVD. It's not as perfect as the original copy (we just couldn't burn it!!), but I'm still happy with it. There are some great pictures of Dad and Gary together, aren't there? If the movie wasn't so big, I'd post it on my blog. anyway, so glad you liked it--it was a huge combined effort with all my sisters to do it--glad it was a success. I need to call G&G to see if they got theirs.

Holly said...

Hey Ariann, I just wanted to let you know that your DVD was mailed to your dad's house in the same envelope. so they should have it. His was in the black case and yours was in a seperate lightweight cd cover. Your name should be on it. Let me know if you got it...wonder if I confused myself and mailed Aubrey two copies instead.

smiles2u said...

You need to show me how you put your music on your blog. That is so cool!!! Weston and I were looking at it the other nightand were stumped pretty quickly.
Laurel just laughed when she saw Katie all make-upped.