Thursday, November 20, 2008

Timber!




Wow I don't quite know what happened to November. I realized today that we are already knocking on December's door. We have been busy this month getting ready for the holidays and working on lots of schoolwork. We are determined to help Kaity pass the third grade and it is taking a lot of extra TLC. Our biggest accomplishment this month was getting rid of the huge dead oak tree in the backyard. It died fully this summer and every time we had the threat of a hurricane I held my breath and prayed for it to pass us by. Last Thursday we decided that whatever it cost it must come down before nature took it down onto our house. Monday the crew re showed up at our house with a crane and 7 men. It took them about 6 hours but we finally have a yard ready for a pool!:) Now I just have to figure out how to pay for a pool! good thing I have a few months to figure that one out! Anyway we are sooo glad to have the tree gone and I had a very cool Monday when I watched it being cut to pieces.

2 comments:

Nana's heart said...

I am so relieved that monster tree is gone! You should take an after picture in the front just like the before one. Too bad I've had to work every day this week. I would have loved to watch the tree come down with you!

Maxwell Family said...

It's so nice as a parent to know your children have wonderful teachers! IT's a BIG plus when your children love to go to school and especially when they don't want to come home...