Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009






Finally I am getting around to giving my blog some attention! So Easter has come and gone. I don't know quite how that has happened. We have had so much hope and then disappointment these past few months that I have let a lot of stuff slide. I would love to blog that we are all doing fantastic and everything is super wonderful but that just has not been the case. My cousin Kerrie mentioned that keeping a gratitude journal is helpful so I have been trying to do that. She was right. Some days my gratitude journal just states, "I made it through another day- I am blessed to be a wife and mommy." Pretty big blessings even if they are the only ones I could come up with that day. Other days I have been able to write, "my dads cancer disappeared" or "the tumor that was huge, was tiny when they finally managed to do surgery today." I have a long way to go in repairing my faith, because at the moment it seems pretty nonexistant. However I am grateful for all those who love us and have reached out to my whole family. I want you to know how much I love and appreciate all you do.

5 comments:

Nana's heart said...

Yea--the blog is updated! Thanks for all of your help over the past couple of weeks! You need a montra and I've got 2 you can use. 1. "I can do hard things." 2. "Heavenly Father wants me to not worry. He wants me to have faith." If you say it often enough it's easier to believe it! Watch for tender mercies. They are there! Even in small things. Thanks again. I'm sure glad you were here!

Nana's heart said...

P.S. I love that picture of the two together in their Easter outfits! What a blessing they have each other. It's a miracle you know!

Unknown said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU UPDATED YOUR BLOG!:)
I L.O.V.E Kaity's dress! It looks like a princess dress! And what a handsome little man you have there! I hope the rest of the month goes smoother for you - cheer up!:)

Dubb Days said...

I am so glad for you that your dad is okay. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks again for having us over the other day. I truly enjoyed myself and our conversation:)
The kids looked adorable on Sunday!

Maxwell Family said...

Thanks for sharing your hardship, I'm right there with you. Being gratitude can really bring joy in troubled times. Sometimes getting through the day is all we can handle and that's OK. You are blessed with a beautiful family! I love the themed b-day party, very cute. What a great Mom.