Tuesday, April 21, 2009

11th wedding anniversary weekend





Eleven years have come and gone. I don't quite know where all the time has gone. For our anniversary this year Travis and I decided to take the kids to with us to the gulf. We spent Friday exploring Indian Shores and enjoying the condo and amentities. Saturday we woke up bright and EARLY to beat some of the shell hunters in the race for the perfect sea shell. After breakfast we explored Honeymoon Island and then Tarpon Springs. Kaity was fascinated by Tarpon and insisted that we watch every documentary playing in EVERY gift shop about sponge diving. Sunday we woke up and headed south to Siesta Key. This was my favorite part of the weekend. Siesta Key is my all time FAVORITE beach- white powder sand, crystal clear warm water and old people in speedos and string bikinis. The perfect beach for a jolly good laugh. These past years have flown by and this weekend made me look back on all the fantastic family moments we have shared together. Being with our kids in paradise was the perfect anniversary gift to ourselves.

5 comments:

Dubb Days said...

What a fun weekend! I am jealous. I am due for a trip to the beach. As soon as Bree starts walking, I am there!
I am glad you were able to get away and enjoy yourselves! I am also glad I got to hear the whole meet, engaged, married story before your anniversary. It made it more special for me that you are celebrating 11 years:)!!

Maxwell Family said...

Happy Anniversary! What a delightful weekend spent as a family in paradise...I long for warm weather and white sandy beaches. Sounds Heavenly.

Rupper Family said...

The beach sounds terrific. It looks like you all had a wonderful time.
We just had a frost the other night which killed all my basil-crappy winter! It's almost MAY already, bring on the warmth I say!

Nana's heart said...

Looks like an incredibly pretty spot! Too bad dad's having to eat up all his vacation time recovering there are certainly lots of fun things to see around here.

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

this is kaitlynn! that was very fun! love you! love kaitlynn.