Monday, September 28, 2009

Falling in love with autumn





We have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of fall and all the fun things that go with it. I know that the novelty of cool weather will wear off pretty soon, but for now we are enjoying the pants and light jacket days, and hot cocoa before bed. Last weekend was the official opening of Linder Farm, so of course we had to attend! The kids had a blast riding on the hay wagon and picking their very own pumpkins right off the stalk. What a different adventure pumpkin pickin' is in Idaho! No more digging through the bins at Walmart looking for one that is not already mushy and rotten! Ah yeah! No farm adventure is complete without a turn through the straw maze and fresh fried donuts! I loved that the kids were in awe of everything around them. We can't drive anywhere without them oohing and aahing over all the pretty leaves. Quite an awesome sight when you have never seen it before!

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

I can't believe you've been there already. Luckily they have a lot of fun places here in the fall. How are you? Do you still have hives? Don't be a stranger. (=

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun- I can't wait till we come!:) Cute pictures by the way!

Camie said...

I love fall and all the changing colors! Sounds like you had fun!

Nana's heart said...

I am "over the moon" thrilled that the kids get to experience fall, my favorite time of the year! Yea! Enjoy for us! P.S. So glad to see you blogging again!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the things I am missing right now-LINDER FARMS! So fun for the kids.

Christine said...

Oh my gosh, you are so lucky! I have been telling Tristan for a couple weeks now "I wish we could just zap there for a day to go out to Linder Farms!" We know the people who own and run it, so we get hooked up, but it's SO fun to go. Last year I took the kids once with our whole family and then I think I took the kids two other times just to walk around, play in the jump house, and ride the hay ride trailer around! :) Do it again for us! This year we'll be going to a "pumpkin patch" on a corner lot like a Christmas tree lot where the pumpkins are just sitting on lots of hay bails! ha