Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas 2010






I can't believe that it has been almost an entire year since I have given my blog any attention! It is kind of like when I was in High School and I would do great with my journal and then there would be missing chunks of time. I am disappointed in myself, but I am not going to dwell on the should haves but focus on doing better and moving forward. We have had quite the year. It is amazing to me how much time has gone by when it really seems to feel like no time at all. This year has led us down an amazing spiritual path that we never saw coming. Never in a million years would I have guessed that we would double our children and through adoption/ foster care no less! We were very content with the size of our family, and enjoyed the fact that we were able to do such fun things because we only had to pay for two children. Funny how the Lord can turn our lives upside down in the blink of an eye! It has taken us 8 months of following Divine direction, even when it made zero logical sense, to bring Onika and Drake into our family. It has been the hardest thing we have ever done, and some days I am not sure that I will make it to the next day. However, when one small child climbs into my lap at the end of a day full of tantrums and I hate yous, and strokes the side of my face and says, "I love you mommy," I get the strength to continue on. It has been a great learning experience and an eye opening experience for Kaity and Brayden as well, and I am so proud of them! They are patient and kind when I know they are as frustrated as me. I have had my eyes opened to many new situations, and I have gained a deeper gratitude of all that I have been blessed with my whole life. I have taken safety, and shelter and loving parents for granted, but no more! I am thankful for my life and my challenges and my blessings. Through tribulation comes great triumph!

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

You sound like you are doing wonderful. I'm so proud of you. It would be very challenging to doubling your family with children who are not used to the way that you raise your children. I'm so glad that things are working out for you guys.

Unknown said...

I am proud of you! I can't imagine doubling kids so fast! They are lucky to have you!

Amber said...

Congratualtions!! And if you hadn't noticed... It's been 6 mos since I posted on my blog... 4 kids will do that to a person ♥

Rupper Family said...

Congrats on your post Ariann, and hurray for having two more kids without the roids and the stretch marks! I hope you have a great holiday. Wish I had a card from Grandma Dot to forward on to ya! :)

diane said...

Woo Hoo! You blogged again! Loved the pictures. I'm sure you gave those kiddo's a Christmas they will always remember....all 4 of them! We wish there weren't so many miles between us but at least we're not clear across the country. We'll make a trip up in a few months if you can't make it down to the sunshine!

Dubb Days said...

I am so glad you updated! What a rollercoaster rde this last year has been for you!
I went private on my blog so if you still want to follow, send me an email hollydubbs@yahoo.com and I will invite you.

Glad you are doing well, now move back:)