Sunday, December 2, 2007

Gear'in up for the holidays

Howdy! Hang'in Christmas lights in shorts! Gotta love Florida!
Someday I might learn to ride on two wheels!:)
Sundays wear grandma out!
What a busy day we had today! It feels like I have been going since the crack of dawn! Today our realtor wanted to have one last open house before our listing contract is up. I have been doing last minute cleaning since 8:00 am then managed to get us all to church semi- ontime. After church we headed to the grandparents for a yummy lunch!- thanks grandpa!- where the kids "helped" supervise as grandpa hung the christmas lights. After awhile (much to grandpa's relief I'm sure) they decided to amuse themselves riding bikes. Mommy thought that was a fine idea- she just didn't realize they were riding through the neighbors sprinklers! So we had to dry off before we could head over to the festival of the nativity. The stake across from the temple goes all out for 3 days and it was incredible. I have been to many wedding receptions in cultral halls and have never seen one decorated as beautifully as tonight. We attended a concert in the chapel that lacked a little talent but definitely produced a few giggles on our row! The kids were able to make a few christmas crafts in the primary room and then dressed up to participate in a live nativity in the relief society room. We made it home just in time to tune into the first presidency devotional. Wow! what a jam packed fun day! THANK GOODNESS IT IS NOW BEDTIME! :)

1 comment:

mom said...

Could you have found a less flattering picture of Grandma?? Never mind, I know you could. I'll count my blessings that it wasn't worse. Hard to believe that in my younger days people used to say I was rather photogenic. That was a lifetime ago! I hate cameras!!