Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!






We have survived our first halloween in Idaho. It sure was different this year to trick or treat with warm clothes on under our costumes instead of bugspray, but the kids had a blast. We had a little bit of drama with Kaity over her jacket, but all turned out well when we found two turtle neck sweatshirts and jacket that fit under her costume. We discovered Idahoans go all out for the holiday, and the kids had to come home twice to empty out their buckets before going out again to collect more candy. I sure am glad that the rain drops all fell this afternoon so the clouds would be empty this evening. We sure missed trick or treating with grandpa this year and attending grandma's chili cookoff. I've taken for granted the traditions that we have enjoyed for the past 9 years. I guess part of life is rolling with the changes that each day may bring, and savoring each precious moment we get with the ones we love. I hope you all had a spooktacular halloween! BOO!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought of you all day thinking about how cold you probably were!
I LOVE the costumes! Where did you find such a perfect wig for kaity?
I know grandma and grandpa were lonesome too!

Rupper Family said...

What cute kids you have! Are you dipping in on your kids' loot? I am!

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

Love the pumpkin guts pic! :0)

We went to the Apopka ward party and saw your mom - she always does such a great job! I could really go for some of your cool weather...I was worried about Ryker roasting in his vinyl Buzz Lightyear costume!

Kerrie said...

Your kids look so cute. Love the costumes. Right as I was about to crash last night, I thought, oh crap we should have had you guys come trick or treating with us, we don't do anything big, just go through our subdivision, but it looks like you had a good time and made haul on the candy.

Maxwell Family said...

Change is always so difficult...I hate it! Your kiddo's look great in their costumes. It's so fun to hear what it was like in a warm climate for holiday's and such.
I keep praying your Mom & Dad will be able to move closer to you and Aubrey.

Dubb Days said...

Oh I wish I could have traded sweaters for bug spay--they were horrible this year!! The trunk or treat did go well. I think your mom was pleased with how it went. We missed you guys though. The kids look great!

Nana's heart said...

What a strange Halloween without our kids for the first time in 9 years but THANKS a MILLION for the great pictures! I know they had a good time without us. Are those the ruby slippers I found MONTHS ago? I can't believe they would still fit! Miss you all.

Nana's heart said...

P,S. Tell the kids their pumpkins turned out great and I hope they ate some seeds for me!

Ila said...

You guys look great! Your post made me laugh when you made the "bug spray" comment...we could have truly used it this year! 80 degrees and the mosquitoes were HORRIBLE!!! Luckily you can trunk or treat in about 15 minutes! :o) Glad to get to hear how you are doing every now and again. We think of you often!

Anonymous said...

I love their costumes! They looked really cute. A couple years ago in Boise it was an unusually warm Halloween that we didn't even have to wear jackets!-That was weird for us. I would love to trick or treat in 80 degree weather.
Are you going to Kerries craft night? I'm debating....