Sunday, April 6, 2008

WARNING!! THE FOLLOWING IMAGES MAY BE UNSUITABLE FOR THOSE LIVING IN COLDER CLIMATES!!

I kept laughing at Travis wedged into Brayden's tire. I told him he looked like Shamoo. :)


THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRAVEL!!!!



This is my new favorite outfit of Kaitlynn's that mom made for Easter.



Please know that this post is not a brag rag like Aleta's Christmas letter, but an entry for my own personal journal!! We are so fortunate to live in this beautiful state even if it means putting up with the occasional hurricane and high homeowners' insurance. :) We spent the past 8 days in Panama City Beach in the panhandle of Florida. We love Sarasota but I think that Panama Beach is our new favorite spot. I found us a condo right on the beach and let me tell ya, that is the ONLY way to vacation at the beach. I love riding the elevator to the ground floor and stepping out onto sand. No carrying armloads of crap from a parking spot across the street and a mile down the road, and when the inevitable whining of "I have to go potty" starts, you leave your towel on the chair already provided for you, ride the elevator back up, grab a diet coke while waiting on your child and ride back down to the beach. I have learned how to vacation! I was in paradise. I was able to finish reading two novels while Travis and the kids finally mastered the kite flying business. It only took them 7 days, 2 kites and the help of the beach attendant to reput the kite together correctly before they finally had liftoff. It was worth all the aggravation to see the look on Brayden's face when it finally took off. It was hard to pack up and come home but the real world awaits us tomorrow. If only I was a millionaire....





11 comments:

Stacy said...

The pictures of your family are beautiful

Camie said...

You warned me but I still read it anyway. Sounds like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! That is definitely the way to travel!! I love vacations!! I'm jealous, but glad that you are back in the blogging world. I was starting to wonder what happened to you! Cute pics.

Unknown said...

YEAH! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!
Yes, I am extremly jealous! we are supposed to wake up to snow!
Next year we are tagging along with you! That was so much fun last time!

Kerrie said...

Hey how are you? I love your pictures. What a fun trip and your kids looked like they had a blast. Now that Bonnie and Holly have introduced me to the blogging world, I have really enjoyed reading about your family. They are so cute.

Rupper Family said...

Yeah, well, at least we don't have gators!!! (That's really all I could come up with!)
Looks like you guys had a blast! Lucky Girl, taking summer vacations already!
I miss perpetual summers, but I'm glad that I don't have to think about wearing a swimsuit again yet...I have a few months of jazzercise to work on that...
Wendy

Holly said...

those are some great pictures! So cute. Okay, okay, I'll admit it...I'm jealous. I'll take the beach, the sun, hurricanes and even alligators to sagebrush, stinky farms, dirt roads, and resevoirs anyday! yay for you for living in paradise, or near it. How's the immigration work there? maybe I can convince Jon we need a new location :)

mom said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! I can tell the kids are growing up because last year you went to the same beach and I still remember you saying that the kids fought with each other most of the trip! What did you do.....threaten them with their lives this year? Whatever it was, it must have worked! Yea!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

It is amazing what I can accomplish with the threat of NO MORE DISNEY WORLD- ever! Yea, I may be a mean mom but our trip was so peaceful!

Anonymous said...

I think that Kaitlynn is so pretty. She better watch out for the boys. What a scary thought huh?

Holly said...

p.s. I'm glad we're not the only ones that can't get a kite to fly. that's hard work!