Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009









Another Christmas has come and gone. It is hard to believe that it is over already. This was my first Christmas ever without my parents and brother so it didn't really feel quite like it should. We did have a good Christmas eve dinner with grandma Christal across the street, and the Hill family. I am so grateful for these friendships that made the evening special. After we had dinner we went to the botanical garden in Boise to see all the Christmas lights- it was beautiful, but not as beautiful as temple square. Next year hopefully we will be able to take a trip to Salt Lake. Christmas eve we got the call that mom and dad accepted an offer on their house and they will need to be out in a month. We are praying all goes well with the closing, but the news was the BEST Christmas gift ever. My kids are so excited they can hardly stand it. Hopefully this news is the beginning of good things for our family. It has been quite a year- not one I want to relive , but I am thankful for the lessons I have learned and hopefully have grown from. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Maxwell Family said...

I'm so excited for your parents and YOU!!! I will pray all goes well with their house. Looks like the kids had a fun Christmas. I can't believe they had never sledded before, but I guess Florida doesn't get much snow!

Nana's heart said...

Great pictures! Did Christmas really come and go? Where was I? I have big plans for next year so all had better go well with this sell! We're thankful for all of the prayers that the appraisal and inspection go well. Our future depends on it! I just have to remember that things are out of my control and I have to accept on faith the "stuff" that happens. No matter what, it will be okay! Thanks for posting the Christmas pictures!

Kerrie said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas, and I'm glad that you have created good friendships here. That is so important. AND I'm glad your parents sold their house. Where are they going to move to?

Katie said...

Hey Missie- Santa Clause brought one of my daughters the same Madame Alexander doll. Glad you had a fun Christmas-love ya.

Ila said...

Glad to see you had such a fun Christmas season! I know exactly what you mean with being back in Idaho...I am sure the kid's school is like night and day from here! Hope everything goes well for your parents too! We'll be praying everything goes smoothly!

Dubb Days said...

Lvoe Braydens face when he is looking in the treasure chest! Gald you had a good ending and I sure do hope everything works out with your parents selling the house. What a blessing that would be!

Terri Cherpeski said...

It is so great to see your beautiful kids. what a miracle the computer is. I am not to familiar of the blogging world, but I am learning and really enjoy your posts. Hi to you parents!

Terri Cherpeski said...

I also seem to have a problem with grammar and syntax and putting a sentence together. Love You.