Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lots of free fun!






Friday the kids were both delighted that they were allowed to celebrate Christmas in school. As I stepped out of the van which I had parked across the street from the school, I heard a loud chorous of singing. I followed the music into the school cafeteria where I discovered the whole school participating in a sing a long. It was such a beautiful sound, I felt I was listening to a choir from heaven. I stood in the back of the gym with tears silently rolling down my cheeks, completely overcome with emotion. This is why we moved to Idaho. So my kids can grow up with the traditions of my childhood and without the world catering to the politically correct. Since Saturday was the official start of Christmas vacation, Travis and I decided to do something out of the ordinary. We told the kids we were going furniture shopping at RCWilley, when really we were just going for the free hotdogs at lunch time and so the kids could talk to Santa again. Kind of a funny place to see Santa, but he was such a kind man. He took time to really listen to each kid and engaged in real conversations with them. It was a successful outing and lots of fun!
That evening we took our neighbor Christal with us to a walk through Bethlehem. It was the 15th year a ward in Eagle has put it on, and it was pretty spectacular. After a hay wagon had picked us up at our car, it drove us to a beautiful farm overlooking the valley. The young men and women all memorized scripture as they led us through the farm to finally see the Christ child. What an amazing group of youth and adult participation. I can't wait to go again next year. It was a fantastic night even with freezing temps!

3 comments:

Dubb Days said...

what are you doing awake at 2 am?
Looks like a fun weekend! I agree with you about the politically correct thing--I am glad that somewhere they haven't let that get to them yet!
Love the RC Willey Santa and hot dogs. You look great. Love the family pic at the end!
Went to your moms to do a craft on Saturday. It was really fun and nice of her to have us over,but we missed you and your takes on life!
Hope you have a great Christmas!

Kerrie said...

AND you finished out the weekends learning a fun new game. (= We definetly want to go with you guys next year to the nativity. Hope you have a good Christmas!

Eterna said...

Que familia tan hermosa... Dios los Bendiga! :-)