Monday, December 7, 2009

Loving the holidays




I love lazy Sunday afternoons when the only thing on my agenda is a nap, maybe some baking and a board game or two. Today I had a turkey in the oven, a cake cooling on the counter and Christmas music on while snuggling under my electric blanket ready to doze into dreamland. As I was about to drift off, I noticed the snow falling. Suddenly the nap was forgotten and out into a winter wonderland we went. The kids were so excited that it was sticking, and that it wasn't the middle of the night. It was one of those perfect afternoons that I wish I could make last forever. We had our dear neighbor Christal over for dinner tonight and it was the perfect ending to a beautiful day. I am so thankful for the holiday season we are enjoying. I am still getting the homesick bug every now and then that will hit out of the blue and stop me in my tracks for a few minutes, but I am grateful for days like today that remind me that we made the right decision to move here. We LOVE living in Star. We were meant to be here. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that loves us and has a plan for us. As I look back over the struggles of this past year, I can now see that we weren't forgotten, but needed to be patient while the pieces were put into motion for where we are right now. If only I could master that patience thing- but I don't think it is in the genes! and if I could just move some people I love here... :)

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love when we gets moments of clarity like that. That sounded like the perfect day. Good post.

Rupper Family said...

Ariann, your home looks great! Scrooge only got half the lights on the house this year and called it quits, not that I blame him, if it were me they'd be in the box on the counter for the next 3 months waiting for me.

Nana's heart said...

Does your house look beautiful or what!!? I love seeing the kids in their new winter coats with big smiles on their faces and it tickles my heart that you have received an assurance that Heavenly Father has guided you to where you belong. It looks like Christmas there and that makes me happy.

Katie said...

Hi Sweetie=I'm glad you are happy and enjoying the holidays. I miss you.Next time I visit my sis in Meridian I am going to come see you. Our blog is kellerklan7.blogspot.com. Love ya.