Friday, September 12, 2008

grownup living room


Okay Aubrey, this post is for you! I am finally getting around to posting pictures so you can see what I was talking about. I finally bought new curtains for my living room/ kitchen, finished my pumpkin patch and then decided that I need some new chairs to complete the look. After 10 years of marriage I finally have a completely put together living space! Maybe in 10 more years I will have a swimming pool and live in a neighborhood that my dad won't tell people is the ghetto! A girl can dream! I was having a great day until about 6:00 this evening. I was sitting at the computer blog stalking all of you, when I started smelling what I thought was burning rubber. I investigated and discovered that our air conditioner was blowing out hot air. Lovely. Isn't that when things always stop working- at night -during a weekend! It wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't still 85* outside with 90% humidity and oh yeah, 10:30 at night!! I am melting. What I wouldn't give for some fall temperatures right now!

13 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

You are so lucky to have "REAL" furniture in your house! You are growing up!:)
i LOVE the chairs!!!! You r patch looks great too!

ps! I didn't know you were bff's with brittney spears! quit keeping secerets from me!

Holly said...

So cute! Isn't it funny how a simple touch to a room can transform the whole feel of it? I love the pumpkin patch. If I get motivated enough, I might have to sew some. Or I'll wait until my mom visits next month and let her sew some for me....yeah, that sounds better.

Nana's heart said...

The pictures are good but they don't do the room justice! It really looks like something in a model home---I'm not kidding. We were just there this morning and I kept looking around, taking it all in. You are quite the decorator!

Camie said...

Your new chairs look so good! 13 years of being married and I still dont have a room that looks like that. Maybe when the kids the kids get older.

smiles2u said...

I love the valance! Wow! I will have to come see it in person. Any closer to finished pillows? I still can't quit thinking about the purse your sister found. Did you ever find out the name?

Rupper Family said...

Ariann, I think I have those same chairs. Do we think alike or what!?! I like that you're posting house pictures, I think everybody should put up pictures of their decorating ideas so I can steal them.

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Hi Wendy! I love looking for ideas on other peoples blog sites. Check out bloggingwithholly.blogspot.com she has an amazing house with beautiful stuff! That is where we got the pumpkin idea. We not only have alike chairs but lots of other stuff I have noticed in the background of your pictures!

Dubb Days said...

Maybe I will have an adult living room in another 4 years! Something to look forward to. I love the pumkins--what a cute idea! Oh and I just read your post too on your Labor Day weekend. How fun! It will be so fun when I can ride rollercoasters with my kids. That is great Brayden likes the tower of terror! Sorry about your air. that is one thing I miss about Utah--you can actually feel fall.

John and Heidi said...

Your new living space looks great. I love the curtains and the cute little pumpkin patch.

Anonymous said...

Found your blog! I envy you, that you can place decorative items on a table and actually expect them to stay there. Ryker would throw those pumpkins across the room in a matter of seconds!! And the candles would be toast. We are still in the "minimal decoration/all breakables out of reach" stage...between Ellany & Ryker, it may last a VERY long time.

Kerrie said...

love the room, it looks very classy! look at you, little miss homemaker/crafty woman.

Anonymous said...

I love your pumpkins and living room! You've inspired me, I need to get crafty!!!