Monday, September 8, 2008

pumpkin patch


I finally learned how to thread my sewing machine! It's been sitting in the original box for 8 years unused and gathering dust. I saw these cute pumpkins on a blog that Aubrey found while blog stalking :) and decided that I was going to make some. It took several hours of cussing my machine and searching the Internet for an instruction manual, but I managed to change the needle and thread the darn thing and then I was in business! I am quite proud of my accomplishment and I like my pumpkin patch! -If any of you don't like it, that is fine but please keep the negative comments to yourself!;) - Now I am going to sew some pillows to finish off my newly redecorated living room. Seriously, I need a job. This being home alone all day is getting expensive!

9 comments:

Nana's heart said...

I LOVE your pumpkin patch and I am so proud of you! I was thinking a little while ago about how pleased Grandma Maudeen would be to see her great-grand-daughters sewing! She was a wonderful seamstress. I can't wait to see the pillows! Let me know if you need help. I have never made them but I have done zippers before.

Unknown said...

yay! They are GREAT! I will have to post mine!:)

Amber said...

Hilarious!! It's okay, I have a Mom that is amazing at almost everything (as you know) and I don't even own a sewing machine. I am totally impressed. Yeah, I agree with the staying at home thing being expensive :-) A job might be useful and you could support your shopping habit!! Happy sewing...

Anonymous said...

Nice job! That looks really cute. I LOVE fall decorations.

Manda said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog, yours is very cute. I'm impressed with your sewing prowess. I also have a machine I've barely touched in the 3 years I've had it. We need someone at church to teach a basic sewing class. That would be awesome!

Rupper Family said...

Hey Ariann,
you're sewing!?! You must be bored! Good job, the pumpkins are really cute! I've been sewing too lately, right now I'm making a quilt for Quinn out of Brett's old button down shirts (although I only get a few pieces done a day). I found a picture online and made up my own measurements. Although, if the thing doesn't turn out don't expect to see a post on my blog about it!

Kerrie said...

Way cute pumpkins. Good job! I can't believe fall is here all ready. Hey, maybe you could sew your kids halloween costumes. (=

Camie said...

Way cute pumpkins. I wish I had a place in my crowed house for something cute like that!!

Christine said...

cute pumpkin patch! :) I'm working in the decoration direction!
I tagged you....you're it....check out my blog!