Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pony Rides


FINALLY TODAY WAS THE DAY! After tons of drama Kaitlynn was finally able to ride a pony! A month ago, Travis bribed her with a pony ride if she would read a whole chapter book. (Yes I am a huge fan of bribery!) After much moaning and whining, Kaity finished her book. We looked all over and couldn't find anyplace that would allow our kids to ride their horses. Somehow Travis found pony rides at Fort Wilderness for kids 8 years of age and younger. After much anticipation Saturday arrived. Unfortunately that Saturday our air conditioner went out and I got sick- so no pony rides that day. Kaity was understanding when we promised her that the following Saturday we would take her no matter what. Last Saturday came and after the heat of the day we headed to Fort Wilderness. We arrived at 6:00 and they were closed. They closed at 5:00 even though we were told over the phone that afternoon that they closed at 7:00. Once again, the kids were devastated. Today we weren't taking any chances. We were there by 2:00 and Kaity was so excited I thought that she was going to pass out. Finally it was her turn. She danced over to the step stool where she was informed that she was an inch to tall to ride. WHAT!? They told us over the phone that as long as she was under 80 lbs and 9 years old she could ride. I was so upset I couldn't see straight. After politely asking to speak to the manager and getting the run around, I finally found someone that let me speak to the big man in charge. Long story short both kids got to ride the ponies- and it was free for all our trouble. What an afternoon! Kaity was in heaven. Next time we bribe her with something, we need to make sure it is feasible bribe. A hard learned lesson for us!

6 comments:

Nana's heart said...

Do I detect a little apprehension on her face? Good for her! She is so brave. Good for you for sticking to your guns and making them make good on their advertising! They have nerve leaving the height requirement off of their website and even failing to tell people when they call inquiring about retrictions and park hours. How frustrating! I'm just happy you made it all work!

smiles2u said...

I'm so glad that she got to ride! I love Brayden's shirt in that picture. He looks like a cowboy, all he needs is a hat. It looks like fun!

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

After all the hassle...I can imagine how relieved you were to see them finally ride the ponies. You get a gold star for talking to the manager and not just going home!

Unknown said...

All for a pony ride? Geeesh! am glad you stuck to your guns and got your way! You've always been good at that!;)lol!

cindee said...

Why is it that every little girl is so facinated with horses? It is so sweet. Wow, I can't beleive the trouble you had to go through just for a pony ride. You need to come back to Nevada where ponies are on every corner!!! She could ride for days even weeks...

Dubb Days said...

Way to call out the big guy and get them straightened out!! Tim would have done the same thing, he is way braver about that stuff than I am. I have gotten better sense I married him! Missed you at the park. We need to get together. I am pretty much home all day everyday if you ever get bored and want to hold a baby:)