Monday, December 29, 2008

Brayden's field trip



This month I was lucky enough to get to go on Brayden's field trip. We went to the mall to see Santa, shop at the dollar store for a Christmas present and finished up with ice cream from Chick-fil-A. His teacher once again amazed me. She bought each student an elf hat and mini fanny pack to carry their letter to Santa and their money. For two weeks before the field trip the kids did extra "chores" in class to earn dimes. (They were learning how to count by 10's) The morning of the field trip each student went to the "bank" and traded their dimes in for dollar bills. It was brilliant! Once we made it to Santa and each child had his own turn, they sang him some songs, measured his tummy and left him with a snack. It was utter chaos, and it was WONDERFUL! It is definitely a memory that will stay with me for a lifetime!

8 comments:

Nana's heart said...

Yea! You're blogging again and what fun things to write about! I love the new family picture. It's good of everyone! It's hard to believe Christmas is over. I have never liked January but at least it's a lot easier to take when the weather is finally nice. I wish family and friends could enjoy it with us. If they start to get envious, I just hope they remember that most of the year the heat and humidity here are nearly unbearable. Believe me, we earn these winter temperatures but we would be happy to share them. Just buy a plane ticket!

Dubb Days said...

I can only hope if I put my kids in school they get a teacher like her! Is Travis birthday on Christmas? That is a lot of bowling. How fun Katie cried when she opened her camera--nice job Santa!!
Let us know when you are up for games, because we pretty much always are!

Maxwell Family said...

Love your family pic! You have a darling family. I'm sorry you are experiencing job problems also. It stinks. Looks like your kids loved Christmas and everything they got. To be at the beach the day after Christmas is a dream come true for me, looks heavenly!

Unknown said...

Good job... you figured out how to post yopur family picture!:)
I am really wanting the beach today!
What an awesome teacher Brayden has!

I LOVE Kaity's cute camera... a girl after my own heart!

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

I love the new look of your blog! Great family photo too!

Holly said...

What a great teacher Brayden has. Cute holiday pictures. So is Travis's birthday on Christmas? You know mine is too, right? Tell him I feel for him! It sucks! But I like the bowling idea. I'll have to steal that one for next year.

Rupper Family said...

Ariann, I didn't tell you-your family picture is so cute! I can't believe how grown up your kids are, and you look terrific! I wish I lived closer so I could come over and borrow your clothes!

Also, what a cute fieldtrip for Brayden! I can't believe any kindergarten teacher would want to go anywhere with that many little guys-she must really love that age! I only have 3 kids and I don't even go outside to get my mail most days let alone go to the mall!

Kyle and Kamany said...

I love you family picture! Where did you take it? Its amazing backdrop!!!