Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hollywood studios 2008






I Love this time of year! Christmas lights, holiday music, and yummy smells- need I say more?! Yesterday we were experiencing one of those rare Florida winter days where a coat was actually required. I came up with the idea at lunch time to take the kids to Hollywood studios after dinner to see the spectacular light display. I figured that with the weather nice and cool, it would seem like we were back west! We didn't ride a single ride or take in any of the typical shows, instead we stayed on main street for 2 hours just taking in all the sights and smells. The kids were THRILLED with the snow that falls from the rooftops of New York and San Francisco and Brayden was determined to catch some on his tongue. It's too bad that they tasted like soap! It truly feels like the holiday season is under way. I am trying to enjoy every minute of it because it will be all over before I know it! So remember the reason of the season this holiday and count your blessings! I know that times are difficult for many, but we are all truly blessed in things that matter. Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

Rupper Family said...

Are you really wearing a scarf and coat in Florida!?! I do miss warmer winters. The humidity does make it feel chillier though huh?

Maxwell Family said...

What a FUN family outing!!! You live by so many great places. Cute Picture's.

Pete and Alison said...

Oh, us too! There was a cute little village of shops and restaurants in downtown San Diego- not nearly so many fun Christmas lights though. Isn't this season wonderful!? I love the pictures. Yeah, I can't believe you are wearing a scarf! You must be very Floridized!

Christine said...

oops sorry....I'm at my bro and sis-in-laws :)
Christine

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Yes I am wearing a scarf. I went to 5 stores yesterday looking for one and finally I got lucky! I was freezing and the temp was only 60 degrees. Yep you could say I am a wimp! :)

Dubb Days said...

I am with you. I tell my family it has been so cold--this weather really throws me for a loop, but it does make it feel more Chrstmasy, doesn't it! I don't know if you have been up to Crane's Roost in Altamonte, but they have a bunch of fun stuff going on for the holidays so you should check it out. Also, we need to get together. I really need to get out and leave the hubby with the kiddos. What do you say?:)

Unknown said...

I have to say it was 60 5 the other day and I was in HEAVEN! I left my jacket at home! Here you are bundled up like it is 40 below!:)
It looks like you had fun though!

smiles2u said...

You are so cute in your coat and scarf. I love this weather, too because of the spirit that comes with it. It does seem more like Christmas. We have to enjoy it while we can, because it may be warm on Christmas. Strange question, but have you seen my baggie of serving silverware? It is really stressing me out that I can't find that baggie of silverware from Thanksgiving. If you haven't seen it could you look under your chairs for me? I am praying really hard that we will find them. I don't know if we can replace them. Thanks for looking my friend!

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

I'm guessing you guys must have year passes to the parks? How fun to be able to drop in for a few hours whenever you feel like it!