Thursday, August 21, 2008

more Fay...


Two posts in one day. Go me! Earlier in the day I reported that Fay is just a rain storm that is hanging on and on and on. Well we just got home from picking up my parents from the airport, pulled into the driveway and realized disaster had struck. The van wasn't even off when I saw Travis running through our front yard to collect this big, strange looking piece of plastic. Soaked to the skin and muttering some choice words he then charged through the house to inspect our bathroom. After looking through the huge hole in the ceiling and stepping in the swimming pool that replaced our bathroom floor, I realized that the strange piece of plastic was a chunk of our skylight. After panicking for a few moments Travis headed up to the roof with a tarp and duct tape. Our fabulous neighbor drove into his driveway at that moment and thankfully took charge. He took the tape and tarp away from Travis, collected the pieces of our skylight, and with new caulk and nails, fixed our roof. We owe him BIG time. So now that the drama is over, I am really ready to do the rain dance "Fay Fay go away!" Keep your fingers crossed that the big dead tree in our backyard doesn't come down next!

7 comments:

Nana's heart said...

Thanks for picking us up at the airport and for having dinner ready at our house. Now we all understand why you both felt so strongly about hurrying home. What a blessing that the sky light was still in the yard. Hard to believe when you realize how powerful these winds are! We owe your neighbor big time! I think that calls for a plate of my famous cookies. (Not yours, but no offense---just kidding!)Thanks again and like you, I'm already sick of this downpouring rain.

Holly said...

Wow! Now i'm realizing why you made such a heavy duty playhouse for the kids--so it would survive hurricane season in Florida!
Thanks for keepign us posted on this. I've been wondering about you guys.

John and Heidi said...

Wow!!! I am sorry that you had to go through that. Good thing we had great neighbors to help.

Rupper Family said...

Uh...I guess I've been tuned into the disney channel for a few too many days because I didn't even realize there was a storm! That's crazy! I'm thinking you'd better move somewhere safer. Someplace like Utah?

Amber said...

Jeeeez, guess we'll quit complaining when the weather reaches 100 F plus. Hope things are well and glad that we are able to connect this way and get to know eachother better. I am still trying to figure out all the "how to's" and get our page up to speed. Spose it will take some time to get it all figured out :-) oh, my regular email is ramber2@comcast.net. What is your home email??

Unknown said...

Wow! What a storm! I am glad you are all surviving!:) I updated my blog just for you!

Dubb Days said...

I have never seen so much rain in my life! If it was up to Robby he would have played in it winds and everything! Glad your neibhor could help you with your roof.