Friday, October 24, 2008

Girls' night out!


Tonight Kaity and I went to see High School Musical 3 at our local theater. I was dreading the evening, not because I didn't want to spend time with Kaitlynn, but because I am really not a HSM fan. Kaity woke up this morning yelling "wahoo! It's HSM day!" She has been working hard for 6 weeks at school earning good behavior points that she redeemed for the movie. (Yes I believe in bribery) I surprised her after school with her new High School musical outfit- complete with new hair ribbons and glitter. She was ecstatic! I have to admit I had a blast with her tonight. I have never been to a movie theater when it was completely full of girls ages 5- 14. It was a whole new experience for me. Every little girl knew EVERY word to EVERY song and clapped and sang and DANCED along with the characters on the big screen. It was a zoo in there. The movie was so cheesy, I was wishing that I had brought along some Ritz crackers! :) But the evening was a memory that I will cherish forever!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!!!! I take it you didn't bring your book along? :)
I will have to take Rachel, although i don't think she has a clue what it is! what a fun night!
YAY for bribery!

Amber said...

You lucky lucky lucky girls :)

Nana's heart said...

Sounds great! Whats the next goal prize? Cross your fingers and hope Hannah Montana isn't coming to town! Grandma will have to think of something!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Didn't you hear mom? "Hannah is like, sooo yesterday!" Kaity's words. not mine.

Maxwell Family said...

Yahoo!!! Girls night out, how fun. It's all the craze all over America HSM you are a very hip Mom, congrats! I love the outfit way too cute.

Manda said...

What a cool mom you are! I honestly can't wait until Robyn is old enough for all that garbage. I love girl stuff!

Christine said...

Is this what I have to look forward to? :) How fun. Good Mommy!