Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday Wendy!






I'd like to welcome you Wendy as the newest member of the old ladies club! Happy 30th birthday! Now I have had to think hard and edit A LOT to come up with a few of my favorite memories involving you. There are sooo many, I have had a difficult time narrowing it down but here goes.
1. Remember the "skinny" mirrors in the shoe department of the super Kmart?! We always knew right where to take the other if one of us was feeling badly about ourselves.
2. Skipping first period and hanging out at the public library, cracking each other up over exerpts in the romantic novel section. (How were we never thrown out of there?)
3. Laughing uncontrollably in the middle of every Friday night! Remember our dance parties in your room with the curtains open? I LOVED your room!
4. eating stove top stuffing with sour cream and half baked brownies as a midnight snack was delicious!
5. Remember when I ran into your dad one morning while I went downstairs to get the jug of milk. He couldn't figure out why we didn't need cups!
6. Remember how much I hated Don Richards for you!
7. I loved how we could start your white car with a fork when your dad took away your keys for not attending seminary!
8. I remember sitting in your bathroom hours before church dances started while you curled your hair. Oh the fun we had at those!
9. I remember my long distance phone bills to you when we were in college. OUCH!
10. Remember how we used to model our crazy outfits that we found in your moms closet in the window of the FISH store?! Remember how Pam was too embarrassed to join us?! I know there were video tapes out there. I sure hope they were destroyed!
These few memories don't even scratch the surface. I am so blessed to have you in my life! We may not be sisters by blood but you are my sister in every other way! I love you Wendy! I hope that you have a great birthday that you fill with many new memories!

2 comments:

Rupper Family said...

Thank you Ariann! That was so sweet of you! I can't believe those other pictures-overalls...those were the days huh!?!
I love you!
Wendy

Nana's heart said...

When I looked at those pictures it seemed like a lifetime ago, but neither of you have changed very much! Happy Birthday Wendy!