Tuesday, October 21, 2008

pumpkins






After many hours of searching the internet for fall festivals, I finally found a corn maze, wanna be pumpkin patch and hayride in Zellwood. This past weekend we thought that we would surprise the kids with a trip to this adventure. After a lot of hype and secrecy we arrived at the farm... along with thousands of other floridians. Long story short, we decided against waiting in the 2 hour long line just to pay to get in, and went on a hunt for a new pumpkin patch. We found a church selling pumpkins on their lawn and decided that was more interesting than just picking up a couple the next time I hit the local Walmart for laundry detergent. The kids were thrilled just to get pumpkins and really didn't know what they were missing out on. (I feel so bad for them. Some of my fondest memories are of apple hill in the fall. I am sad that they don't get to experience that.) Brayden knew right away that he wanted a white pumpkin, but Kaity had to have the biggest one she could find. After much searching she was content with her pick. We may not have cool pumpkin fields, but we do have fantastic weather. I must look at the positives in life!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I don't think I've ever seen a white pumpkin. We have pumpkin patches everywhere that you are making me realize I need to take advantage of! But I'll freeze while we pick out our pumpkin:)

Amber said...

I like your pumpkin patch experience :-) Short and sweet. Trust me, a day at the patch was EXHASUTING!! Glad you found some pumkins... Apple Hill?? Like Apple hill/Placerville Ca?? Are you from here originally? Guess we have more "getting to know you" eh?? Which is why blogging is so fun!! Have a great night!

Dubb Days said...

you do such fun things with your kiddos!! It inspires me. Train that Kaitlynn as much as you can--the sooner she learns to cook, the sooner you no longer have to:)

Anonymous said...

HA! Your comment just cracked me up. There will be no more knocking me up for a LONG time! But yes, it better be a boy:)

Amber said...

You're funny :) Never say never right?? Who know's you could live near apple hill someday. Keep those dreams alive baby!! The party was fun, we had a good time. Randy and I will be moving back to Roseville in the next month. I haven't blogged about our move yet. Not quite ready... It's been a tough journey. BUT, life is great and we'll be closer to my family especially all my sisters which will be such a blessing for us!! Chat soon :)

Nana's heart said...

AWWW Apple Hill. Those were the good ole days.......well, at least some of them were! Like you, I miss it every fall! Remember the year we went back to cut down a Christmas Tree and hauled it all the way back to Nevada on top of our little car? Kaity and Brayden have lots of other great memories!

Rupper Family said...

Those pictures are great. Glad you found some pumpkins on the coast!
Hey, I'm going to get lost in a corn maze tonight with the YW(and freeze in there too I might add). I hope I don't get too lost and have to squat out there in the maze-don't think I won't do it! Wish you were here for the fall, it is nice to get to wear sweaters finally! Although I'm sure you'll be rubbing it in in a few months when you're wearing shorts and we're shoveling snow!

Maxwell Family said...

Mission accomplished!!! I just went to Apple Hill last week, it is so beautiful and so much fun. Fallon also has the best corn maze and pumpkin patches. I guess the deseret isn't so bad! Florida hasn't ever been know for their pumpkin patches!!!LOL
You look so good, I don't think you've changed at all from when I had you in young women's!!! You are so cute, no wonder your kids are too.

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

I agree, corn mazes are fun...but who wants to trick or treat in the snow?? Hooray for Halloween in Florida! :0)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Holly...it is great all the things you guys do as a family...makes for LOTs of memories! Hope you're still enjoying your pumpkins!