Thursday, July 23, 2009

exploring Idaho






After we had been in our house for a few days we decided to go exploring a little bit. We found this great park 5 miles from our neighborhood where the kids can swim in a sectioned off part of the river. It also has park toys and a waterslide. Unfortunately we have only been once, since I have been homebound for over a week with a severe case of hives. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and after getting two shots and two more prescriptions, I am finally on the mend. The kids can't wait to go back and swim some more. We also went up into the mountains and found some great places to camp. So if Travis ever gets a day off we know where to go. :) Brayden has been fascinated with ghost towns for awhile now, so I looked some up when we got here. We explored Idaho City up in the mountains. It is the oldest town in Idaho. It was crazy to see the conditions that people still live in. Brayden LOVED it there and is already asking to see more "ghost hoouses." We are starting to feel a little more settled. Kaity is adjusting great! Brayden is having a harder time. He is missing his play house and the theme parks and basically everything familiar. I too am missing the beach and mostly friends and loved ones like crazy! We know we have made the right move, it is just taking some getting used to. so, anyone ready to come visit us yet?!

7 comments:

Nana's heart said...

This is my first time responding to a blog! I put my stupid comment in the previous blog about your trip to Idaho. Good thing grandma straightend me out!!

Like I said in the other one... You've been gone long enough, It's time to come home now!! Even Mickey Mouse called and said, where is Kaity and Brayden!!!

We miss you guys something terrible! and yes, I am ready to come vist if the %$#@$# doctors would only let me fly!! Something about a lung issue!

Grandpa

smiles2u said...

We miss you guys. Sunday we went to Matt & Trenas for Jumbalaya and the neighborhoods not the same without you. I'm glad you are getting settled in. Thats always the best way, just unpack your bags and get settled in. Take care. Weston.

Maxwell Family said...

I'm so sorry about the hives, that's no fun. Sounds like you are finding some interesting places to explore.
Give yourself some time to settle in and I'm sure you will enjoy Idaho. It's a beautiful place! I would miss the Disney parks too & the beach!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to come see the ghost towns...AWESOME pictures are already flowing through my mind!lol!
I am glad to hear that you are finally on the mend - it's about time!

One Lung Gary said...

Hey...I think I figured out how to get my own sign on. I don't have to be Nanna's Heart any more! Not that it was bad...just a little "fru-fru" for my liking!
This could be scary! You never know what I am going to write!!

Dubb Days said...

Glad you are finding some fun stuff to do! I would tell you that we miss you (which we do) but I am not going to because I am glad you are starting to like it out there. So instead when you are missing the sunny state just think about the bugs. We just bombed our kitchen. One word--ewwwwww!

Christine said...

Yahoo for no hives! :) I'm glad to see you are exploring the outdoors of ID! I wish I was camping with you!!!!!!!!!!!!