Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Independence Missouri






We pulled into Independence late Saturday evening. I don't know why I didn't realize where we were until I happened to see historical road signs along the freeway. Once our brains woke up, we realized that we would put off pulling out the next morning at 6 am and go see some church history sites. I didn't think that the kids would be that interested but they sure surprised us. Once we arrived at Liberty jail we were disappointed to learn that it was enclosed in a building and that it didn't open for 2 hours. We were just going to give up and hit the road but the kids wouldn't hear of it. So we wandered around the old cemetery to kill time. Brayden loved that(so did I) and time flew past. The jail was amazing and words can't describe the feelings there. I don't think that is something any of us is likely to forget.

No comments: