Monday, June 30, 2008

Liki Tiki Village





Friday afternoon I dropped the kids off at mom and dads and Travis and I headed for the liki tiki resort down by Disney. I knew that Travis actually had Saturday off this weekend, so last week I scoured the Internet looking for a good deal at the beach. I discovered that everyone else was also looking for a cheap deal at the beach and that they were nonexistent. So instead of giving up, I decided to find something more local with great amenities and I discovered this little gem- Liki Tiki Village. It is part of the Disney vacation timeshare but you can also rent directly from the resort. Since moving to Florida, I have discovered the difference between hotels and resorts. Hotels cost the same as a resort but you only get one room. If you book a resort, you get a condo with full kitchens, bedrooms and sometimes jetted tubs in the bathrooms. (This is just some info for anyone looking to go on a vacation) The liki tiki village has its own mini water slide park- which my kids have fallen in LOVE with- mini golf, paddle boats, bumper boats, playgrounds and fishing docks! Mom and dad brought the kids down to us early Saturday morning and we all had some fun in the water park. Brayden is our dare devil. After sliding down a couple of the baby slides, he looked at the big black tube slide and said,"I wanna go on that one!" Kaity wasn't so sure about it, but she wasn't about to be out done by her little brother! Each kid came out of the tube all grins asking to "go again. I go again!" Mom and dad even joined in on the fun. They left after we had lunch, but the rest of us headed for the paddle boats and golf area. We had a blast! If anyone feels like coming to Florida, I highly recommend the place. Just let me know first- I am awesome at finding the cheapest deals out there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun!! I bet Aubrey gets so jealous when she sees pics like that of everyone! I'm a little jealous too!

Nana's heart said...

Oh to be young again and able to take this heat and humidity in the middle of the Florida summer afternoon! The water felt great but our "aging thermostats" couldn't take the heat long enough to enjoy the boats and golf. Glad you had a great time!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Hey Bonnie! It will be my turn to be jealous when I see the pictures posted of the family reunion! I would LOVE to be there for that!

Kerrie said...

That does look like fun. Isn't it exhilerating to find a great deal and something that everyone loves? So if you are the bargain woman, do you know how to get cheap airfare to Hawaii?

Unknown said...

Yes, we do get jealous! I beg Paul everyday to find a job in Florida!:) Looks fun! Maybe someday we can join you!

Dubb Days said...

remind me to get more details from you at church or whenever--Robby would love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm bummed that you aren't coming to the reunion. Maybe someday when we are all rich we can plan one in Florida. How fun would that be?
Although there is a chance that we are going to orlando in October for Luke's school. We will find out for sure this month.

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Hi Bonnie! I hope that you do get to come here. October is the best month out of the year to come here!