Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rome wasn't built in a day...

Our palace!
Brayden? Is that you?
Only a face a mother could love!

...and neither was our clubhouse. However, I am quite pleased to announce that it only took 2 weekends with only 18 trips to Lowe's, one extra case of diet Pepsi and no serious injuries. I don't count cuts, scrapes and bruises as calamities and we all still have our fingers attached to our hands. I'd say that we were pretty successful. I only wish that I had come up with this brilliant idea last month when it wasn't 94 degrees outside with humidity at 90%. Oh well. Live and learn they always say. Next weekend I am going to hopefully con Travis into helping me lay some sod down around this monstrosity so that my kids won't come inside every night looking like little black ragamuffins. Tonight it took a good 30 minutes of scrubbing my children with a wash rag and a bar of soap to get their skin clean. I gave up after my fingers turned into prunes and my ears were bleeding from listening to Brayden whining "I wanna go back outsiiiiiide." I came to the conclusion that the remaining dirt was embedded so far into his skin only a blow torch would take it off- so I called it "goodn'uff." They are so excited about their "new house" that they are already making plans for a mailbox and a welcome sign. I guess we aren't as finished as I thought we were- it's off to Michael's craft store for me in the morning!

5 comments:

Nana's heart said...

Wow and Hallelujah! What a fabulous project. I am proud of you all! Now, do you think you can teach those back yard snakes of yours how to read a sign that says, "NO TRESPASSING?" probably not. I'll just try not to think about your unwanted tennants.

Unknown said...

rachel just said, " I want to go there so i can play in it too!"
well, maybe someday Rach! You guys are awesome - that would have taken us 2 years to finish - just like my bathroom!:) Have fun kiddos!

Camie said...

That looks like so much fun!

Kerrie said...

I LOVE your club house!! What fun your kids will have in it. I wish we had one. That would be fun to watch movies in or sleep out on, without worrying about snakes. Snakes can't climb up there, right?

Kerrie said...

Wow, I'm so impressed!! That is the best club house I've ever seen!