Friday, May 9, 2008

Dinner



I have a new resolution. Yes I know that it is way past January and the time where everyone sets their new year resolutions, but I figure better late than never. Right? I am going to try and post on my blog at least twice a week. That is probably not great news to the rest of you because we lead pretty uneventful lives which may translate to boring posts. So why am I doing this you ask? I do not keep a journal. I do not like to scrapbook. I have tried many times but I just can't seem to stick to it. I have decided that I will turn my blog into a book every year after Christmas. It will be a Christmas present to myself and hopefully one that we will cherish for years to come.
Last night I was so frustrated. I reorganized closets all day long which resulted in many loads of laundry and garbage bags full of junk. While doing this I heard "I'm starrrrrving. I'm going to diiiiiie!!!" ALL afternoon. By dinner time I was so frustrated I could hardly stand myself, my kids, the neighbors dog and anything else that had the potential to make a sound. I didn't have any mac and cheese in the cupboard or any other quick and convenient boxed dinner so I had no choice but to spend 45 min slaving over a hot stove. Meanwhile the dryer is going and the poor air conditioner was going full blast trying to keep up with all the hot air being pumped into our house. Keep in mind the outside temp yesterday was 92 degrees. I was fighting a losing battle! I had long since run out of diet coke and the ice was gone in the freezer. I was NOT in a good mood. Finally dinner was done and I thought the whining would subside while the kids ate. NOPE! Kaitlynn thank goodness gobbled hers up and went to play in her room which left me with the littlest turd! He took one look at dinner and yelled gross! He refused to take even one bite. So now instead of the "I'm going to die" whining, he exchanged it to the "I want maca rooooni" whining. I told him he was going to sit there until he ate or until bedtime. Two hours later, the noise stopped. I went to check on him expecting to see him eating but found him asleep at the table. I picked him up and put him in his bed and he didn't even stir. This morning he asked me what was for dinner. I told him leftovers. He just looked at me and said "I guess I better have two sandwiches and two cookies for lunch."

5 comments:

Camie said...

I have had days like that. Kids are so much fun sometimes arent they. We love them anyway. I love blogging, it is my journal too. I love the book idea too , you well have to show me how to do it.

Anonymous said...

That was a great post. What a funny picture of him. I used to get so mad at my parents for making me sit at the table till everything was gone but now I can understand why they would be so frustrated at me complaining I was hungry, then not eating!
Way to go on updating your post twice a week!! I decided to update mine more often for the same reason.

Unknown said...

What funny pictures! I have to admit that the picky eater in me feels for him...it does look kinda interesting - what is it???!!!:)
I am going to order a book soon , I will let you know how it goes!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Hey aub, I can't wait to make a book. I have been studying them and I think that they will be really cool. I'm surprised that they seem to be reasonably priced. I think that I will do the standard portrait size in hard cover and probably about 100 pages or so every year. Wouldn't it be cool if you blogged enough with pictures to do one that was 300 pages. That will be my goal so that it really will be a journal for prosterity!

Camie said...

Where are you finding info on the book?