Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Talent show


What a busy week we had! Kaitlynn was part of a talent show on Thursday and Friday with her friends from school. We had a little bit of drama earlier in the week with me trying to come up with matching outfits for all three. Thankfully at Ross (hate shopping there) I found three shirts that didn't cost an arm and a leg and matching skirts and leggings. I was surprised that the girls were picked to be in the talent show after witnessing their audition a couple weeks ago, but decided that even if they couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, they were going to look dang cute!
They did great! Surprised us all. Still didn't really sing on tune but were sooo cute!

Wednesday night while getting ready for bed, we heard a loud bang and the power went out and then came back on. We couldn't figure it out and after searching our house for smoke or a fire we went to bed. I discovered the problem the next morning when I jumped into a FREEZING cold shower. Yep, the water heater blew something inside. Finally by Friday afternoon after a plumber didn't want to fix the problem an electrician was our hero! Never will I take hot water for granted again! I would have been a rotten pioneer because boiling water just to do dishes seemed like the end of the world!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same, I love hot hot water. I probably would have left the dishes and skipped a shower. And I'm pretty sure my house and me would stink pretty bad.
I don't think you could get a cuter girl than Kaitlynn. I love her! Hopefully I'll get to meet her someday!

Nana's heart said...

I can't believe you found the perfect tops in the right sizes! They are cute as can be. I was so disappointed I had to work both days! Good thing for video camera's. At least grandpa was able to go! What a wonderful opportunity for those girls to build self confidence and make a memory that will last their entire lives! Grandpa's not at all prejudice and he said they were the best!

Camie said...

Happy Birthday! Hey, 30 is still young. I hope you have a great day!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!
And just think...you were soooo worried about them making fools of themselves and they were the BEST!:) Cute outfits!

Kerrie said...

They look so cute. Go Ross, no actually, Go Arianne! She looks so happy. And that's all that matters, right?