Monday, May 5, 2008

snakes and motor bikes!


This will be a very random post but I don't care because I am in the mood for some blogging! :)


So I looked out my back door today and what did I happen to see? A big long disgusting snake sunning himself in the middle of our backyard. GROSS! Luckily for me Travis had the day off today and he came running when he heard my shrieking. Sorry about that dad! (I was on the phone with my dad at the time planning some top secret business) Anyway, back to my story. Travis came running to see what the catastrophe was and I pointed out the snake. Then I very sweetly handed him my camera and asked him to go outside and take a picture so that I could blog. I didn't even have to beg he just took the camera and bravely made his way into the backyard. I forgot to point out that our backyard resembles a jungle and that I NEVER venture out there. Not even to pick the fruit off the trees. I know that he was a little scared but he was determined to show me how brave he was. As soon as he had snapped a couple pictures the snake took off back down to the lake. It made a very exciting morning!

Now if you want to see some pictures of my mother on her new motor scooter, click on the link that says NANA'S HEART. I went with my dad this afternoon to get my mom her birthday present. Now I am waiting for my kids to grow up so that I can get my own scooter- a hot pink one of course. Oh a girl can dream...

One last note on this post. Thank you Holly for introducing me to the MEANEST MOM BLOG. I get up every morning anxious to check out her site to read her latest blog. She is hilarious and my new idol. If anyone needs a good laugh, check out her blog!! Really I mean it. CHECK OUT HER BLOG! You won't be disappointed! :)

7 comments:

Nana's heart said...

Is there anything more disgusting than a snake?! You have to check out my BIRTHDAY SURPRISE Aubrey! I'm nervous to go over 25 miles an hour but with some practice I may get up to 30! Ariann, you can take a spin anytime you want. I think we'll paint it yellow and black like a bumble bee! I would opt for pink myself but then dad would not be able to drive it to the grocery store! Thanks for the birthday surprise party. You got me!

Nana's heart said...

Hey, I checked out Mean Moma's blog. What an absolute nut! A girl after my own heart! I wish the rest of the world could laugh a little more often---especially at themselves! Know what I mean? Oops, I'd better watch my spelling and grammar!

Unknown said...

I saw mom's post and commented about the color before I read yours! the vote is unanimous....HOT PINK IT IS!!!
So what if dad needs to ride it - boys can ride on pink scooters too!
I so wish I could have been there!

Anonymous said...

I HATE snakes!!! They are my absolute fear!! I could handle a shark, alligator, whatever else, but if you put me near a snake I FREAK!!! I had goosebumps looking at your pictures!
K-maybe I'm a little scared of a shark or alligator but I know how to stay away from them.
I would never go in my backyard if I were you.

Camie said...

Johnathan would have loved to see the snake. He would have caught it and scared his sisters.:)

Rupper Family said...

Hey Girl!
I checked out that Meanest Mom blog-isn't it funny when you find blogs and after reading for a few minutes, decide that you've found a new kindred friend, even though they have no idea who you are!?!

I wish everyone I met at church had a blog so I could check them out, read about them some and decide if I want to commit to doing dinner and starting a friendship.

Yeah, I'm pathetic huh!?!

I love ya, hope the snakes don't get ya!
-Wendy

Kerrie said...

Uh, yuck. That snake looks disgusting. Didn't your dad have a run in with snake like that when you guys first moved there? Who knows by the time the story gets to me, it could be completely different. Anyway, yeah, stay away from the back yard.