Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!




Well I think that this is the first Memorial day weekend that we have stayed home instead of celebrating the beginning of summer with a 3 day mini vacation. With the cost of gas prices shooting up to almost $4.00 a gallon, we decide to do our part in conserving gasoline and stay at home for the 3 day weekend. I being the brilliant mother that I am, (well maybe just a desperate for peace and quiet mother) came up with the idea to build the kids a club/ tree house/ swing set in the backyard. With school out in 7 days and the endless summer afternoons filled with "I'm bored" looming on the horizon, I decided to take advantage of Travis' days off along with my dad's and brother's. We had a very successful weekend with so far, only 4 trips to Lowe's, no major injuries and only a couple boards cut the wrong length. Granted we are only halfway done building this ginormous play structure, but I figure that if stay on schedule we should be able to finish it up next weekend with only 5 more trips to Lowe's, two more cases of diet Dr. Pepper and only one box of band aids. To be continued...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wowo! You weren't kidding when you said you had plans for a fort! Ot looks fabulous - I want to play in it!:) Why didn't we ever have one of those, I would have been in heaven!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Just wait until we get the slide and swings and rock climbing wall in! I want to be a kid too!

Holly said...

Wow, that looks amazing! What a great idea! Aubrey, you might not have had that growing up, but didn't you guys have a big dirt yard that you called "Vietnam"? Remember when my dad and I visited you guys when you lived in Nevada? I remember thinking it was funny you called your backyard "Vietnam". (I hope I'm remembering that right and not making that up!)

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

We had the best backyard as a kid! yep it was called vietnam! I had forgotten all about that. We had a zip line and everything. Then one sad day when I was in junior high my dad planted some sod. It just wasn't the same after that!

Nana's heart said...

Are those pictures deceiving or is it really that big?! I think I will have to take a drive soon and check it out for myself! It does look amazing! And Holly, I can't believe you remember Vietnam! What a legacy.

Camie said...

Thats your back yard?? I'm so moving to Florida! Your back yard makes my look bad :( Your kids (and you) are going to have so much fun!

Holly said...

Oh yeah, I remember the zipline too! That was quite the backyard. Of course I remember Vietnam, how could I forget?