Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday Pam!





Welcome to the "old ladies club!" Happy 30th Birthday Pam! I am so glad to have another fellow member of the "club" I reluctantly joined in May. I am posting this a couple days early- I do know that you don't officially join the club until the 18th Pam- but I am headed out of town in the morning, and I didn't want to forget to wish you the happiest of birthdays! I have so many good memories of you that it is hard to pick just a few, however I will try to narrow it down to some of my favorites!



1. My love of pickles is all because of you! When I was diagnosed as a diabetic, I remember your mom buying us lots of pickles to eat after school because they wouldn't effect my blood sugar!

2. I will always have a love of English because I met you in Mrs. Haas' English class in the 7th grade. Remember how we would always stop in the bathroom to apply some ghastly pink lipstick before class?!

3. I remember when you came with my family to California on vacation. I loved how horrified you were that my mom took us into consignment shops! We also stopped for Slurpee's at AM PM all along the way!

4. Remember how we used to crank call Jeremy Bettridge and we hacked into his answering machine? Remember when he used *69 to call back and your mom answered?

5. Why were we always so gassy? Remember our farting contests!?

6. Do you remember 4 wheeling in your Bronco, and then washing it before your parents got home from work so no one would know what we had done?

7. I remember how we snuck out of your garage one night and went to the Nugget for french fries. When we got back your parents were awake and we had to sneak back in.

8. I remember when you danced with Vince S. at a school dance in the 8th grade. He gave you a red balloon when it was all over and you hyperventilated all the way home! :)

9. I loved going to all your family parties, especially the ones at Uncle Hank's ? house in Washoe Valley. I loved that I was treated like a member of your family!

10. I remember how bittersweet high school graduation was. We had a blast at our party, but I was so sad for it to end!

Well these memories are just a drop in the bucket! I could go on and on. I just want you to know how much I treasure our friendship and how much you mean to me. I hope that you are doing well and that you have a fantastic birthday! Happy 3oth!!

4 comments:

Nana's heart said...

Happy Birthday Pam! It's hard to believe you girls are 30. I actually remember my 30th birthday and I sware it was only a few years ago! Please tell your family "hello" from the Davidsons. I'll always be grateful Ariann had good friends who kept each other out of trouble (yeah, right!) Seriously though, I know you did crazy things, who doesn't, but I know you were always good kids and looked out for each other. I hope life is good to you now. Have a wonderful day! Love, Diane

Rupper Family said...

Oh the good ol' days Ariann... Remember when we used to cry all the time, because our high school life was SO TRYING? Okay, Pam and I cried and you were the tissue runner. Isn't it funny though to think back about how big all of our problems seemed!?!
I miss our threesome don't you?
Happy Birthday Pam-I'll be calling until you pick up or return my call!
-Wendy

Christine said...

Pam, Happy Birthday girl! I'll be joining the ranks here shortly. Lots of memories huh? Our memories go wayyyy back! Do you remember the first class we had together? My elementary year books are packed away somewhere. I keep tabs on you through Wendy. Have a great day!

John and Heidi said...

Yes Happy Birthday Pam. It was nice to see pictures of old friends on your blog.